Peninsula Link is a 27 kilometre freeway from Carrum Downs to Mt Martha. It connects three major freeways and is transforming the way people travel around Frankston and the Mornington Peninsula.
Construction of Peninsula Link is complete, with the freeway opening to traffic on Friday 18 January 2013.
Download the Peninsula Link map (PDF 1.88MB).
Facts and figures
- 27 kilometres of freeway standard road
- two traffic lanes in each direction
- on and off ramps to 11 roads including three freeway to freeway connections
- 28 bridges (45 seperate structures)
- 1.7 million trees, plants and shrubs
- 25 kilometre shared walking and cycling path
- new wetlands to treat water from the roadway prior to release to waterways
- wildlife underpasses, revegetation works and creek improvements in the Pines Flora and Fauna Reserve.